Learn the Basic HTML Code you may need to Edit PagesYou do not need to know HTML well to manage your pages and website in PageWyze. It does help to know a little HTML so you can update the content and manage the little formatting and styling that is needed.
HTML is not difficult to understand and learn. There are just a few essentials that you can learn and be able to update the content in PageWyze.
HTML follows a simple rule that is similar to Hello-Bye. When we have a conversation it opens with a Hello and typically ends with a Bye. HTML similarlly has an opening tag and a closing tag for all its elements. Some elements have an implicit closing which we will discuss. Once you understand this aspect you know that you need to have HTML tags and enclose your content within them.
These are the key HTML tags that you need to know to manage the basics of content editing in PageWyze.
- <br /> - this is used for a line break when you get to the end of the line or want to add a new line. Think of this as the Enter on your keyboard. This element does not have a separate closing and the / at the end is an implicit closing of the tag
- <p>[text]</p> - Enclose your text within paragraph for formatting and alignment
- <span>[text]</span> - Enclose your text within the span for formatting and alignment
- <div>[text or content]</div> - Create a box within which specific content and elements are placed
- <strong>[text]</strong> or <b>[text]</b> - Make the text within these as bold
- <emphasis>[text]</emphasis> or <i> </i> - Make the text within these as Italic
- <h1>[text]</h1> - h1 Tag for the title text which should be within
- <img src="[imagepath]" /> - Places an image uploaded on the image path at this location in the page
- <a href="[link]">[text or image]</a> - Adds a link to the text within directing to the link path specified